Last Updated: 4/19/22
Fresh Eggs is committed to providing an accessible website experience for all users of all abilities, including those who rely on assistive technologies like screen readers, screen enlargement software, and alternative keyboard input devices to navigate the web.
Ongoing Efforts to Ensure Accessibility
We follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 as our guiding principle for determining accessibility. These are internationally agreed-upon standards that cover a wide range of recommendations and best practices for making content useable. As we add new pages and functionality to our website, all designs, code, and content entry practices are checked against these standards.
Website accessibility is an ongoing process. We continually test content and features for WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance and remediate any issues to ensure we meet or exceed the standards.
Where We’re Improving
In our efforts to bring our website up to standard, we are targeting the following areas:
- Button text contrast with our branding colors – some tools say that the contrast is enough and some tools say it isn’t. We are working to fix this and keep with our brand guidelines.
- Alt-text quality – we are going through page by page to make sure the alt-text for images and links is a good quality
- Home page headline and hero copy – We are looking for a solution to make this copy have more contrast while keeping the original design intent in tact.
- Aria labels – all aria labels need to be double checked and confirmed accessible
- We are in the process of going over all pages to remediate any further accessibility issues.
This is part of our broader effort to make everyone’s experience at Fresh Eggs a welcoming and enjoyable one. Please note that while we make every effort to provide information accessible for all users, we cannot guarantee the accessibility of third party websites to which we may link.
Accessibility Support Contact
We welcome comments, questions, and feedback on our website. If you are using assistive technologies and are having difficulty using our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 404-607-8229. We will do our best to assist you and resolve issues.